Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, USA

Today's the day we in the United States celebrate the birth of our nation by setting off fireworks and eating too much at barbeques and picnics. The community I live in got a head start; we had our big fireworks show last night, in part because it costs less to hire it to be done on a day other than the 4th. It was a beautiful evening; warm enough to not have to wear jackets and dry enough to sit on the grass without getting damp. My mani for the occasion was, of course, red (Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine Luminous) and white (Sally Hansen Salon White Now) and blue (OPI Blue My Mind).

Red, white, and blue

Red, white, and blue

I love the Lacquer Shine formula; it's too bad Sally decided to discontinue the line. It goes on so smoothly and the color just glows. I used three coats but could have stopped at two. I needed all three coats of the OPI. The white, being white, required four coats, and the shimmer I see in the bottle disappears on the nail.

Here's my camera shy left hand; the color sequence I used there was not the same as on my right hand (which obviously needs more practice taking photos):

Red, white, and blue

Happy 4th to those of you celebrating today!

8 comments:

  1. Nice mani, you used pretty polishes :)
    Enjoy your day, picnics and bbq sounds yummie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple and pretty, you painted those nails like a pro too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a GREAT 4th July manicure! I've seen a lot of pretty nail art this holiday, but maybe your mani is the best of them all. Perfect execution!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Simple but still so festive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your pictures and laughed - this is pretty much the same way I did my nails for the holiday! (different nails in red, white (well, I used silver, I don't care for white polish), and blue, different order on each hand so they don't match)

    I'm still smiling at your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I like it a lot! Love how shiny it is.

    HAPPY 4th! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.