Thursday, March 24, 2011

Joe Fresh Moss and Friends

The Sally Hansen strips are still on my nails as I type this, so again I'm sharing swatches I did before I put them on. A while back, I did a swap with Polish for a Polish Girl. I sent her a few things from the U.S. and asked for some colors from the Joe Fresh (or should I be calling that just Joe?) fall 2010 collection, her choice of whichever ones she could find. Well, imagine my surprise when I opened the box and found all of these:



Wow, wow, wow! In the top row, left to right: Orchid, Cherry, Caramel, Dupioni, Midas, Storm, and Sweet Tart. Bottom row: Fog, Persian Blue, Jade, Moss, Imperial, Brick, and Wine.

Faced with all that goodness, I couldn't decide which one to try first, so I set them aside for a bit. When I came across them again, Moss leapt out at me. It's an olive green creme, just the kind of color I used to look at and say "yuck" but now can't get enough of. Two coats of this one was plenty for full coverage; these swatches are as usual without topcoat.





Do I hear some of you out there bemoaning the fact that you don't live in Canada and can't buy this one (or do live in Canada but missed this one)? If so, you're in luck if you can get Zoya, because Shawn is a very good substitute.





Top to bottom: Moss, Shawn, Moss.


Shawn, like Moss, was two coats. It's a touch brighter in hue than Moss, though the difference is very slight.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, that's gorgeous on you! Thank you for the comparison. I have Shawn, so now I don't have to feel bad. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Zoya is way too expensive in the UK. Will have to content myself with some other greens...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh that's a nice swap! I got Moss as well! It is such an interesting green ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now your stash of Joe Fresh (I call the brand Joe Fresh, just to avoid the awkwardness of just Joe lol) is probably bigger than mine. Have you seen their Spring shades, lots and lots of them, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Joe Fresh polishes; all the ones I own apply like a dream. This is a really pretty color and it looks fab on you, not "yuck" at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! Previously I didn't like greens but felt I needed Moss Mousse when I saw your pictures but what a relief it's a close dupe to Shawn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so pretty on you! Thank you for the comparison. I had seen swatches of Moss and had really wanted it but I just got Shawn so I think I am good now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, she really came through for you! great swap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never saw this brand before, but the green is very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh geez! You are killing me with these new Joe Fresh colors. I can't wait to see what else you have going on in that stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay I have Shawn! I wonder if the others have dupes as well?

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww karen thanks for the shout out!!

    ive been so busy lately! but i really want to thank you for the swap! loved it!!!

    moss is an awesome colour! one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joe Fresh is coming to NYC later this year! :) It's been rumoured for a while, but it seems they will open a standalone Joe Fresh store in midtown this fall :D I can't wait! I always grab a few whenever I'm back in Canada, but I'd rather not drive 6 hours for it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen, if you ever want any more Joe polishes let me know. I can access all of them! To tickle your memory ~ we swapped last year (BB for Project Runway).

    Cheers,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.