Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wheel H1: More Dark Red Cremes

Of course I had more dark reds than would fit on one wheel, so here's the continuation from last week's Nail Wheel Wednesday.

Nail wheel

(all 2 coats unless otherwise noted)

1. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Brick Wall
2. Essie Bordeaux
3. Essie Masquerade Belle
4. Cult Nails Quench
5. Essence Eclipse Thirsty (3 coats)
6. China Glaze Ravishing Darling (3)
7. Revlon Ruby (3)
8. NARS Chinatown (3)
9. Nox Twilight Sangria
10. OPI Vampire State Building (3)
11. Goldie unlabeled wine
12. OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ
13. OPI Oh ... To Be 25 Again (3)
14. Sally Hansen Salon Addicted to Red (3)
15. Wet 'n' Wild Fantasy Makers Black Red
16. Essie Wicked (3)
17. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Flirt (3)
18. Sally Hansen Salon Pat on the Black
19. Maybelline Express Finish Blackberry
20. Borghese Carnevale Grape (3)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:


When I finished this wheel, I still had a handful of pink and red cremes that weren't on wheels, so I started a new one with those:

Nail wheel

1. Rescue Beauty Lounge Plie (3 coats)
2. Barry M unlabeled mini (3)
3. Orly Fancy Fuchsia (3)
4. Catrice Forbidden Apple (2)
5. Barry M unlabeled mini (2)
6. Joe Fresh Cherry (2)
7. Joe Fresh Wine (2)

Nail wheel

So now I've got all of my pink and red cremes swatched (except for any that might have gotten in the wrong Helmer drawer, which I'll just have to deal with those when I come aross them). I could start pulling out dupes for sale or swap; I'm just not sure how I'll make those decisions. Should I have a brand hierarchy of some sort? Or should number of coats required be the deciding factor? How would you (or do you) do it?

10 comments:

  1. hi karen! love your nail wheel wednesdays. you have so much polish!

    i think the pics you posted today are the ones from last week, tho...G1 and the sets of 5 bottles at a time?

    the only reason i noticed was b/c your post is titled H1 and the wheel says G1.

    thx for always posting similar colors together for checking out possible dupes!
    april

    ReplyDelete
  2. APE, of course you are right; thanks so much for pointing that out! I think I've got it fixed now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GEESH Karen! Can we see a stash post already? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah, this is gorgeous for my eyes. :)

    Well ... I'd probably go by how much trouble does the polish give me. If we're with reds: how many coats does it need, how troublesome is the brush, how much it STAINS with removal (because some leave my hands like I've just commited murder) ... and I'd also go for the price, if I payed a lot for a bottle, I'd sell the cheaper one, unless it beats the expensive one on all the other fields. I pay much attention to not having too many dupes in my stash, I dislike having them, because I feel I could spend my money on some other colours. Your stash is fantastic, btw! Oh, some people also pay attention to the brand, its completely understandable, if you prefer to keep high brands ... usually that's a logical consiquence, because usually they are better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh boy, i wish i live in one of your four Helmers :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dark reds, perfect for vampy nails! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is like heaven for a vampy lover! I think I too would like to live in one of your helmers :) I wish I had an idea to help with the decision on which dupes to keep but I am horrible and keep EVERYTHING! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen barry m mini's before. they're quite cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you do these!! Of course out of them all my favorite is Orly Fancy Fuchsia, what a pretty color next time I go to Ulta or Sally's I definitely need to pick that up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, thank you for this, these are great, you have some of my lemmings there and now I can see how they compare.
    I love these posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.