Friday, November 18, 2011

Dr.'s REMEDY Holiday Hues

As I teased yesterday, I received the Jolly & Joy holiday collection from Dr.'s REMEDY and wanted to get these swatches posted today before the special pricing of $14 on three of the colors expires.

(Image courtesy of Dr.'s Remedy.)


Because it's a holiday collection, I decided to do Christmas skittles with ESSENTIAL Emerald and REVIVE Ruby Red. Essential has very small silver shimmer particles in a true green base; I used three coats. Revive's shimmer is tone-on-tone, with red shimmer in a deeper red base; it's got a lot of depth to it even with just the two coats I used. When I was applying these, I was afraid they were going to be brushstroke-y, but they settled out pretty nicely.







I tried PASSION Purple with an accent nail of RESOLUTION Red Glitter. Both of these were three coats, and I added topcoat to the glitter to smooth it out. Passion is a plummy purple with a subtle shimmer (but not so subtle it disappears in normal light like some do). Resolution is a rosy pink, not what I would have pictured from the "red glitter" appended to its name.







I saved the best for last: SERENE Silver Glitter. Based on the press release, I wasn't especially excited about this one; I have plenty of silver glitter in my stash already. (I know, I know—what can't I say that about?) Once I had the bottle in my hands, though, I was intrigued. It's not just silver glitter; there are pops of frosty blue and bright pink in there as well.



I think we've all had polishes that look good in the bottle but which don't translate to the nail; this is not one of those. I liked it so much on my nails that I was making plans to order my own bottle before it dried, which wasn't very long as I only used two coats plus topcoat.







Here it is blurry; still pretty:



And here it is in low light, all sparkly:



Thanks to an onset of winter-like weather consisting of clouds and snow flurries, I was not able to get any sun shots of this one. I bet they would have been super sparkly, though. I can't think of another polish I have that's quite like this one.

As mentioned yesterday, SERENE Silver Glitter, RESOLUTION Red Glitter, and ESSENTIAL Emerald Green are on special for $14 a bottle through end of today on the Dr.'s REMEDY website or by calling 1-877-323-NAIL to order (if you're ordering over $50, the code HOLIDAY should work for free shipping; I couldn't get that part to work on the website.) Dr.'s Remedy is on Facebook and Twitter, too.

12 comments:

  1. Oh MAN those glitters are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOVE the last glitter! It's so gorgeous, really icy and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I died with SERENE Silver Glitter. sooo nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I am digging the Serene Silver Glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the silver is the best of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green one is a perfect holiday green, very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The glitters are gorgeous!! Sooo pretty especially the last one!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If this brand was available here definitely I would try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love both the glitters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.