Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wheels S2 and V3: Red Wine Shimmers

I wonder if I should re-name Nail Wheel Wednesday to Hey Look at My Dupes Day, since so often posting these makes me see how very much overlap I have in my stash. Today it's shimmers in dark reds and wines and burgundies.

Nail wheel

1. Nicole by OPI Stuck in the Chimney (2 coats)
2. Sally Hansen Teflon Tuff Blackberry Wine Frost (2)
3. Piggy Polish You Sleigh Me (2)
4. Borghese Chianti Wine (3)
5. Orly Glam (3)
6. China Glaze Stroll (3)
7. Wet 'n' Wild Extravaganza (2)
8. L'Oreal LaquiResist Venus (3)
9. OPI Don't Toy With Me (3)
10. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Fireberry Red (3)
11. Ulta Radiant (3)
12. Absolute 22 (3)
13. Rimmel Play Fast Rave (2)
14. IsaDora Wonder Nail Mulberry Wine (2)
15. Maybelline Express Finish Blackened Maroon (2)
16. Maybelline Colorama Cocoa Motion (2)
17. Ulta Pro For Bitten (3)
18. Sinful Rich in Heart (2)
19. Confetti Masquerade Ball (3)
20. Rimmel Play Fast Hard Edged (3) [not sure why this took three]

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:


Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel


Nail wheel

1. Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Ruby Clarity (2 coats)
2. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear unknown (3)
3. Essie Scarlet O'Hara (2)
4. CQ Blackberry (2)
5. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Perfect Match (2)
6. OPI All the Berry Best (2)
7. Color Club Resort to Red (2)
8. Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine Brilliant (2)
9. OPI Bogota Blackberry (2)
10. OPI Diva of Geneva (2) [oops—this belongs on a plum wheel]
11. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Red Hot (3) [shimmer is so very subtle]
12. OPI Berry Berry Broadway (2)
13. Cover Girl NailSlicks Cherry Brandy (2)
14. Ulta Star Party (2)
15. Studio M Hearts on Fire (2)
16. China Glaze Skate Night (3)
17. Finger Paints Autumn Blaze (2)
18. Sally Hansen Salon Cruel Heart (3)
19. Sally Hansen Salon unknown (3) [on the copper side of wine]
20. OPI Bogota Blackberry (3) [yeah, I don't know either—why I didn't realize this was the same as #9 or why it needed three coats from the mini but only 2 from the full size]

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:


Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

10 comments:

  1. Pretty! These are definitely my kind of colors :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really have a lot close dupes among those nice shades...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these type of shades!! :) great swatches. I have tagged you http://spurplecastle.blogspot.com/2012/02/11-questions-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you do your wheels! The colors flow so nicely together...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Orly Glam! It looks really pretty! It's amazing how similar these colors are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL "Hey Look at My Dupes Day"! Funny you say that...my husband likes to kid me that a lot of my nail polish colors look the same (they're not; he just can't tell subtle differences, ha ha), so I always show him your Nail Wheel Wednesdays and say, "Look at that! So don't tell me I own a bunch of dupes!" :)

    He is going to get a kick out of your Red Wine Shimmer wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I cant believe you have so many of the same shade!? lol :) I have the Isadora one and I just posted a NOTD wearing it .. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.