Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wheels C4, O5, and F6: Pink to Red Cremes

Today for Nail Wheel Wednesday I've got three wheels of pink and red cremes. The first one is mostly the polishes that were leftover after I'd been through all the rest of my pink and red cremes (see wheels G, L, M, D1 & E1, F1, G1, H1, and K1) and the other two are polishes that made their way into my stash despite the no buy I put myself on for pinks and reds. Some I legitimately did not buy—they came in swaps, some even as extras—but others were clear violations of the no buy, all of which I had good reasons (well, reasons) for at the time. I can pretty much look at the bottles and remember why I bought them—didn't have that brand or bottle style in my collection, might as well complete the collection for a limited edition release, great clearance price.



(all three coats, no topcoat, except as noted below)

1. Sally Hansen New Lengths Sheer French Pink
2. Sally Hansen French Manicure unlabeled mini
3. Sally Hansen Beyond Perfect unlabeled mini
4. Maybelline Express Finish Barely Pink
5. Borghese Bambina Pink
6. Revlon Colorstay Absolute Bliss
7. OPI Step Right Up
8. Sephora by OPI unlabled mini, possibly The Way Tutu His Heart
9. Maybelline Express Finish Purplink
10. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Petal Pusher
11. China Glaze Innocence
12. Revlon Just Tinted Victorian
13. Revlin Just Tinted Desire
14. Carolyn New York The Bronx (2 coats)
15. Evelin Color Show Poppy
16. Revlon Just Tinted Mystical
17. Forever 21 Red
18. Artmatic Fast Dri Red Satin Cream
19. Boots 17 Knockout Red (2)
20. Maybelline Great Finish Red Caviar

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


15 through 20:




1. Aziza Wedding Bells (4 coats)
2. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Crinoline (4)
3. L'Oreal Raven's Dream (4)
4. Ulta Encore Pink (3)
5. Color Club Yum Gum (3)
6. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Ballet Rogues (2)
7. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Courtesan (2)
8. L'Oreal Amazon's Flare (3)
9. Color Club Raspberry Rush (3)
10. Milani Fast Fuchsia (2)
11. Borghese Rapido Maraschino (2)
12. Borghese Che Bella Red (2)
13. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Madame X (2)
14. L'Oreal Bijou Gems B. Bold (2)
15. OPI Red-y for the Cure (2)
16. Borghese Rapido Rosso (2)
17. Essie Size Matters (2)
18. L'Oreal Owl's Nest (2)
19. Petites Blackberry (3) [oops, this appears to have a very subtle shimmer that I didn't notice until it was on the wheel]
20. Deborah Lippmann Just Walk Away Renee (3)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


15 through 20:




1. Pacific UK unknown (3 coats)
2. Barry M Flamingo Pink (2)
3. Barry M Buzz (2)
4. Accessorize unlabeled mini (3)
5. Essie Mod Square (3)
6. Sephora by OPI Diva in Training (2)
7. Accessorize unlabled mini (2)
8. Revlon Cherries in the Snow (2)
9. Barry M Fabulous (2)
10. Ma Cherie unknown (2)
11. Accessorize unlabeled mini (2)
12. China Glaze Velvet Bow (2)
13. Nails Inc. Chelsea (2)
14. China Glaze Poinsettia (2)
15. China Glaze Winter Berry (2)
16. Cosmetic Arts unknown (2)
17. MNY 349 (3)
18. Orly Grave Mistake (2)
19. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Oxblood (1)
20. L'Oreal Pink Carat (2)

Bottles 1 through 3:


4 through 8:


9 through 13:


14 and 15:


16 through 20:


Stocking up for whatever reason was all fine and well when I had room in my Helmers, but now they're full so I'm really going to need to better define the mission statement for this nail polish museum I'm running and figure out how to prune the permanent collection.

6 comments:

  1. It's funny how polish fanatics always come a 'good reason' to break a no buy? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really interested to hear what your new mission statement is... yes we do need a purpose for collecting hundreds and sometimes thousands of bottles. I had a couple of blog sales and that helped thin my stash. I saw Kris in Philly do a raffle, that was interesting. I like buying more than wearing, my untried pile keeps getting bigger, but I've been taming it for the last couple of months... no buying until I get my untried pile down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - my low buy January ended as a complete disaster - but I have high hopes for a low buy February.
    I look forward to hearing what you end up doing - besides the obvious - buy more Helmers or larger furniture, I never regretted doing that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny, I have been collecting for a long time, and now stashing for a bit, and I still rarely have one that you swatch.
    So many colors, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohh Color Club Yum Gum is bright and awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.