Saturday, February 14, 2015

Hearts for Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! For the occasion, I have a holiday appropriate glitter topper Funky Fingers put out this year called I <3 U. This has heart glitter in white, pastel pink, and hot pink along with small iridescent glitter in a clear base. I used two coats of an unnamed lilac creme from Bonita as a base color (this is from the Hello Sunshine set that my KMart had around Christmas time last year) then dabbed on one coat of I Heart U on all but my index finger before adding clear topcoat. Getting the hearts out did take some coaxing, which isn't surprising for larger glitters.



I also tried I <3 U over a dark base, in this case two coats of Bonita Prima Donna (from the Fabulously Diva collection I swatched earlier this month). When I applied the topper, I made sure to wipe off all the hearts first and just lay down a coat with the iridescent glitter. Then I placed one heart glitter of each color in a line down the center of my nail, using a dotting tool to pick each one up and nudge it into place. I sealed the whole shebang with clear topcoat (two coats of it would have been better since the hearts do not curve like my nails do, so the edges stuck out a bit).





I <3 U is a fun polish and perfect for Valentine's Day. I'm not sure how often I'll use it other times of the year, but it was only $2 (less, probably, since I'm pretty sure I took advantage of the 3 for $5 and got some other colors for swapping).

12 comments:

  1. Really cute glitter topper!! I really want one like this (I had my eye on the Sinful Colors one) and they just don't have anything heart-sy around here in the shops! Booh for Belgium :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it :)- beautiful Valentine nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mani! I'm loving the hearts polish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these nails dear Karen! !! *____*
    Kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute - and not too pink, I like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the combination of the polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. like it should be ;)
    love the first combo more, but both of them are nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kept picking this one up and putting it down, it's so cute but I typically gravitate towards darker colors/styles. Add in the tricky-to-get-out hearts and I ended up not getting it. It really is cute though, love it over the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute topper! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.