Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Last Displays of 2015

With the year quickly drawing to a close, it's time to fit in one last display post. Today I've got a mix of the last few things I saw in Michigan before I left and what I spotted on my first official display hunting trip in Idaho last week. Some of these are holiday displays I probably should have made an effort to post earlier; some look more like spring releases out early.

At Fred Meyer in Idaho, I saw the Essence Mountain Calling display. When I got to it, there were three polish colors left: Snow Alert, Let's Climb Mount Beauty, and Today is Fun Day. I relly wish I knew what other ones there were ... this is a perfect collection for me right now, what with just having moved to a mountain.



In the core display for Essence, they had Nail Candies, which I hadn't seen before even though I don't think they're new to Essence. Left to right: Peachy Keen, Sweets for the Sweet, Always in My Mint, empty slot for Sugar Pie Honey Bunch, Oh Lolli Lollipop, Soda Pop & Candy Shop, Like Love Birds, A Hint of Mint.



FingerPaints holiday offering is 'Tis the Season to Sparkle, which thank goodness isn't all glitters or I would have had to buy them all. Left to right: Golden Glaze, Tinsel & Tidings, Romanesque Rouge, Vintage Vincent, Be Merry & Sparkle, Sterling Sculpture.



I first saw the L'Oreal Mad for Plaid display at Bed Bath & Beyond in Michigan; I also spotted it at Fred Meyer in Idaho last week. This has seven cremes and a golden metallic: Classic Check, Plaid Please, Regal Red, Schoolgirl Chic, Tartan Teal, Bundled Up, Navy Knit, Pop of Plaid, and Feeling Kilty.



At a Walgreens in Idaho, I saw a different new L'Oreal display, Bohemian Beauty. This looked to be seven cremes and a glitter, but it was hard to tell as it was on a high shelf. I had to hold the camera over my head to get the shot. Left to right: Sunkissed Silver, Boho Babe, Peaceful Pink, Radical Rose, Flower Crown, Blissful Blue, Totally Turquoise, Gypsy Glitz.



The only place I've seen the Orly Infamous display is at Sally Beauty. There are six shades in this one, only five of which my store had when I got there. Front row: Frenemy, 15 Minutes of Fame, Gossip Girl. Peeking out from behind the front row: Scandal, Front Page, empty slot for Makeup to Breakup (dark dusty teal blue creme).



Walmart is once again part of my display hunting rounds now that I'm in Idaho because it's one of the only chain stores that carry polish in the small town closest to me. They have Pure Ice Shine with Gel Tech, which is that brand's version of the no-light gel system with color and a special topcoat. I didn't take the time to document what the shade names were because it was two days before Christmas and just being in the store made my head hurt with all the chaos around me.



At Bed Bath & Beyond in Michigan, I saw the Revlon Love is On display with new core shades: Stunner, Romantique, Adventurous, Vivacious, Hypnotic, Irresistible, Desirable, Passionate. I later spotted it at Ulta as well.



The Sally Girl Winter Wonderland display with scented nail polish and remover pads was still on the counter at Sally Beauty as of last week. Four polishes here: Pine Tree (red shimmer, for some reason), Vanilla (silver glitter), Peppermint (red glitter in white base, that makes sense at least), and Sugar Cookie (red and green glitter in light tan base).



Sally Hansen has apparently reformulated Complete Salon Manicure (again? seems like they've done this before). Now it's got keratin. The relaunch display, which I saw at Ulta, is full of what I think of as "muggle colors" from the existing core collection; I mean, I wear them sometimes, but they're pretty tame. Front row: Clear'd for Takeoff, Plum's the Word, Raisin the Bar, So Much Fawn, Shell We Dance. Back row: Red My Lips, Ruby Do, Wine Not, Pat on the Black, Pink Pong.



These new Complete Salon bottles have two numbers on the top; not sure what that's about.



Ulta also had a display of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel, touting it as "new & improved". These new shades are much brighter and more interesting on the whole than the Complete Salon repromotes. Front row: Pink-terest, Electric Pop, World Wide Red, Byte Blue, Let's Get Digital, Digi-teal, Gigabryte. Back row: Head Bang, Scarlet Starlet, V-amplified, Motley Hue, Punk-ish Purple, Rock On, Stilettos & Studs.



On my last trip to Meijer before we left Michigan, I finally saw the Studio M holiday display, 'Tis the Season. Most are core or reissues, but there were a handful of new shades. Top row: Red-ical Gypsy, Gingerbread, Blue Funk, Flurries (new), Hot Cider (new), Gold Mine (new), Baldwin Blues, Kaleidoscope. Second row: Party Girl, Slammin Red, Trinket (new), Sexy Siren, Jingle Jangle, Sex Symbol, Slammin Red, Sparks Fly. Third row: Holiday Splendor, Antiquated, Sparks Fly, Berry and Bright, Mamba, Glitterati, Drama Queen, Holiday Splendor. Bottom row: Poparazzi, Lust, Northern Lights (new), Magnetism, Purple Medallion, Love Light (new), Savoy Nights, Wish Upon a Rockstar.



Ulta had the limited edition Whim winter collection in a separate section of the core display. There are ten shades in this group: Cocktails & Fairytales, Blush & Bows, Sapphire Slipper, Dreaming in Glitter, Moonlight Moments, Sage of Innocence, Sheer Embrace, When the Clock Strikes, Thyme to Celebrate, Let's Cuddle.



That's it for now; pretty short for a display post, but I suppose that makes sense since it's only been about a month since my last one. I expect we'll be awash in spring displays soon; I hope I can get out there and catch them before they get picked over. I'll be interested to see how quickly things move here versus back in Michigan.

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to get my hands on that Orly Infamous collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these posts!
    That Whim collection looks like it was curated by Zoya!

    Love those Studio M's, too.

    Also, I found 15 Minutes of Fame by Orly at TJMaxx and it's pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe they didn't reformulate CSM completely, they just threw some keratin in there and called it "improved." (I have no idea if that would work, chemically speaking.)

    I've had the Miracle Gel Topcoat for ages, and as it happens, I finally bought another bottle of the polish earlier today - it was Punk-ish Purple. The main reason I hadn't bought another one before was because I thought the colors were mostly terribly boring. Seems like they've been getting more interesting lately, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.